Blackheath Rugby is proud to be hosting a charity rugby match on the afternoon of Wednesday 26th April. Match, between London Ambulance Service and the Met Police SCO19 unit, is in aid of the victims of the recent Westminster Terrorist attack.
Kick off is at 3pm at Well Hall and entry to the match is a suggested donation of just £10. This can be done on the day at the ticket hut which will be staffed by volunteers from the emergency services and Club members, or via the Justgiving page that the teams have set up.
More details will follow as this is a recent development and whilst we realise that most Club members and supporters will be at work, we ask that those who are able do come and lend their support to this match and the members of the emergency services who are taking part.
If coming to the match please use public transport where possible as there is no on street parking and the car park will quickly become full. Well Hall is well served by busses and trains.
Well Hall is a short walk – under half a mile – from Eltham Station which is served by trains from London Bridge, London Cannon Street, Lewisham and Dartford.
Travelling by train from London it is just:
- 3 minutes from Kidbrooke
- 6 minutes from Blackheath
- 9 minutes from Lewisham
- 14 minutes from New Cross
- 19 minutes from London Bridge
- 23 minutes from Cannon Street
- 31 minutes from London Victoria
Travelling from Kent it is
- 2 minutes from Falconwood
- 5 mins from Welling
- 8 Minutes from Bexleyheath
- 10 mins from Barnehurst
- 17 minutes from Dartford
Well Hall is served by buses from 9 different routes
- 122 From Crystal Palace via Forest Hill, Honor Oak, Ladywell, Lewisham and Lee
- 122 from Plumstead via Woolwich
- 132 From North Greenwich / O2 Arena via Westcombe Park, Kidbrooke, Shooters Hill / Sun in the Sands roundabout
- 132 from Bexleyheath via Blackfen, Bexley and Eltham
- 161 from Chislehurst, via Mottingham and Eltham
- 161 from North Greenwich via Charlton and Woolwich
- 286 from Sidcup via Avery Hill
- 286 from Greenwich town centre / Cutty Sark via Blackheath Royal Standard
- 314 from Addington, via Bromley , Sundridge Park, Elmstead Wood, Mottingham, New Eltham and Eltham