The season is well under way and the 1st XV have settled into their new home ground here at Well Hall in Eltham, and many of the upgrades and new facilities are now completed, or are nearing completion. The new bar, the Greene King Bar is fully operational and has quickly become the focal point of post match celebrations, the new shop is open and is conveniently situated between the Clubhouse and the GK Bar, a new entrance / exit gate and ramp for cars to improve access and safety has been constructed, and the floodlights are installed.
The gate and bar open at 12. The full address is Blackheath Rugby, Club at Well Hall, Kidbrooke Lane, London SE9 6TE
- Non Members: £12
- Members: Free Entry
- Children under 16: Free Entry
- Members of HM Armed Forces: Free Entry (on production of a Forces ID Card)
Match Day Programmes
- £2:50 each
We have parking for over 100 cars on site, available on a first come first served basis. We are now asking for £3 per car to use the car park, to help pay for the new ramp and gates etc.
Please help us to be considerate neighbours by NOT parking in local streets so as to not disturb the local residents. But we excellent public transport links so you can always leave the car at home so you can join us for a few drinks
The Greene King Bar
Just behind the stand and almost on pitchside, the Greene King Bar is the main focus of most peoples pre and post match enjoyment and it plays host to the entertaining Man of the Match award at 6.00pm. Come on in and join the fun!
Club Bar and Presidents Guests
We have ample bar capacity at Well Hall for everyone, however the Club Bar (upstairs in the Clubhouse, nearest the car park) is reserved prematch for Friends of the Club, President’s guests, Sponsors and Opposition committee personnel. We need to restrict entry as we have limited space in that particular bar, and only a modest buffet which has been paid for by Sponsors and Friends.
This restriction does not apply post-match and of course the neighbouring bar in the Hall and the snack bar are open to all pre and post-match.
Membership Cards on Match Days
Please make sure you present your card for both your free entry to the ground and for your membership discount at the bar, and don’t be offended if you are asked for it. We have hundreds of members, ranging from players and supporters to the youth section and with the best will in the world those working at the ticket hut or behind the bar cannot remember everyone.
Well Hall is a short walk – under half a mile – from Eltham Station which is served by trains from London Bridge, London Cannon Street, Lewisham and Dartford.
Travelling by train from London it is just:
- 3 minutes from Kidbrooke
- 6 minutes from Blackheath
- 9 minutes from Lewisham
- 14 minutes from New Cross
- 19 minutes from London Bridge
- 23 minutes from Cannon Street
- 31 minutes from London Victoria
Travelling from Kent it is
- 2 minutes from Falconwood
- 5 mins from Welling
- 8 Minutes from Bexleyheath
- 10 mins from Barnehurst
- 17 minutes from Dartford
Well Hall is served by buses from 9 different routes
- 122 From Crystal Palace via Forest Hill, Honor Oak, Ladywell, Lewisham and Lee
- 122 from Plumstead via Woolwich
- 132 From North Greenwich / O2 Arena via Westcombe Park, Kidbrooke, Shooters Hill / Sun in the Sands roundabout
- 132 from Bexleyheath via Blackfen, Bexley and Eltham
- 161 from Chislehurst, via Mottingham and Eltham
- 161 from North Greenwich via Charlton and Woolwich
- 286 from Sidcup via Avery Hill
- 286 from Greenwich town centre / Cutty Sark via Blackheath Royal Standard
- 314 from Addington, via Bromley , Sundridge Park, Elmstead Wood, Mottingham, New Eltham and Eltham
If you are coming bar car Well Hall has excellent road links, being close to both the A205 South Circular, serving much of South London, and the A2 giving easy access to both people from North London via the Blackwell Tunnel, Charlton and Blackheath, and from those travelling up from Kent.
We are also less than a mile from the A20.
- Whilst guide / assistance dogs are of course welcomed, we cannot permit any other dogs on site.