Other Club Results from 20th & 21st October

Posted by




Last Saturday the Bandits took on Kings College Hospital 2’s at Well Hall before the 1st XV match. The first quarter was dominated by KCH and Club errors, meaning it was still 0-0 after 20 minutes. In the second quarter Club started playing with more fluency but the 1st time they crossed the line the try not awarded as it was held up.  Shortly afterwards however quick thinking from scrum half Nik Dinning put him under the sticks, and the conversion easily slotted by Clarky.


The second half was a dogged affair, with both teams trying to play but not getting the fluency they needed. Another disallowed Club try came and went before, in the last play of the game, KCH broke the Club D line that had been strong all day.  With it 7-5 and the conversion to come the KCH kicker felt rushed, didn’t wait for his tee and missed with a drop goal attempt giving the Bandits their 3rd win in three games.


The Bandits and a few of the KCH boys then went to watch the 1st XV game.


Matt Clark



U15s 2nd XV


On Sunday the U15s 2nd XV went to Sidcup to play a team they’ve played many times as they’ve moved through the age groups. From the outset Club knew it was going to be a tough game as Sidcup’s use of big carriers to punch holes in attack and a blitz defence that negated Club’s ability to get the ball wide, led to Sidcup quickly being 7-0 up. This led then to a period of sustained pressure that saw Sidcup camped inside Club’s 22 for 15 minutes and only the quality of the tackling from 1 – 15 prevented more scores in that time.

Club adapted their game and, through some big carries by the forwards and changing point of attack through the backs led territory gains.  Upping their tempo led to some penalties which enabled Club to get into the opposition 22 for the first time.  After phase play from a line out some deft handling in midfield put Reigan away and Club were on the scoreboard at last.

Sidcup struck back just before the break and it was 12-7 going into half time. Sidcup also struck early in the 2nd half with try of the match by their full back, coming from a brilliant line taken in a well-rehearsed and executed move.  The Club players dug deep again and, after they had repulsed a series of attacks, they worked a nice midfield move that again put Reigan into space.

The Club players were struggling with some offside decisions not being given that saw the half backs getting man and ball on quite a few occasions. Due to a combination of half term and some injuries the side had travelled with just 15 players, and in the end in such a close game the ability to make substitutes or not also had an impact.


The closing minutes saw the game on a knife edge with the scores 17-12 and Club attacking, but a turned over ball and a break downfield resulted in a Sidcup score. Whilst the final score of 22-12 to Sidcup doesn’t quite reflect how tight the game was, the result of a Sidcup win was fair representation of the better team winning the match.



Whilst our Man of the Match once again went to Reigan, it could have easily been Pharrel or Micky, and a special nod must go to Liam and Theo who played their best rugby in the 10 years we’ve been coaching them.


Thank you Sidcup and good luck for the rest of the season.


Tim Brindle


Tim Brindle

Leave a Reply