9/10th Nov: Bandits & U18 Results

Posted by

Wins for both the Bandits and U18s to extend their respective unbeaten runs this season

Saturday 9th November 2019

Sidcup v Bandits


Bandits managed to grind-out another solid win despite a few pre-match problems with players just prior to the match, with two thirds of our front row out at the last minute due to circumstances beyond our control.

Rory stepped up as always and played Loose-Head and a very nervous Cormac came off the bench to play Hooker. Thanks to both

Cormac had an outstanding game at Hooker and has set the bar very high for other players in that position!

Sidcup played very well and were very strong, especially in the forwards. From the outset of the game they camped out in the Bandits 22 and put us under considerable pressure. Bandits defended like Titans and then turned the tide with an exceptional (length of the pitch) try from Jonny Moore.

Our heads were up now and we continued to develop the score line to a well-earned 26 points

In the second half Sidcup came out strong yet again and Bandit had to dig deep to keep them out of our 22 and indeed off our try line. Sidcup did manage two well earned scores but Bandits finished the game well and secured another well-deserved win in this very competitive league

Man of the Match:  Mark Rogers  (Mad Dog)

Michael ‘Chappers’ Chapman

Sunday 10th November 2019

U18’s v Dartfordians

The Club U18’s were hosted by Dartfordians in their 3rd Kent League fixture of the season.

Although convincing winners in their first two outings the boys knew that the match versus their local rivals would be a fierce contest and so it proved.

The home team started brightly not giving the visitors any opportunities at the breakdown and closing them down as they tried to move the ball in midfield and with their supporters cheering they turned just ahead at 7-6.

The second half gave Club the wind and the slope which for some reason they chose not to use at first and it cost them another seven points as a high ball was allowed to bounce onto the arms of the chasing winger who ran in unopposed under the posts.

This focused the minds of Blackheath and long clearance kicks turning the heavy home pack and pinning them into the 22 lead to several penalties and the score was pegged back to 14-9 and the boys knew exactly what to do!

The home side were not allowed out of their 22 for the last 20 minutes and eventually the pressure, superior fitness and cool heads told as the Club fly half found a gap and raced through to touch down under the posts, the conversion was good and Club took the lead 14-16. A last ditch fairly straightforward penalty for the home side failed to go through and Blackheath regained control and saw the match out to take the points and remain unbeaten so far this season.

This weekend they host Canterbury at Well Hall.

Russell Ticehurst

Tim Brindle

Leave a Reply