Following the measures announced by the Government on Tuesday 22nd September and the more detailed information published on Wednesday 23rd we have implemented the following steps at Well Hall and Hervey Road:
- EVERYONE entering the Clubhouse, MUST wear a mask at all times in the building unless sat at your table, even if only entering to use the toilet.
- EVERYONE entering the Clubhouse whether to use the bar or even just the toilets MUST scan in using the new NHS Track & Trace app
- Service in the Well Hall bar will be Table Service only until further notice. Please do not leave your table to order drinks, as the bar staff will take your order and bring it to you.
- The Rule of 6 is in force. Groups of no more than 6 can come in and must remain at their tables.
- If you leave your table to use the toilet you must wear your mask
- We will close at 10pm at the latest. This means last orders at 9:15pm, bar closing at 9:30 and with 30 minutes ‘drinking up time’ so that everyone will have finished their drinks and left the premises by 10pm
- We have ample hand sanitising stations around the Clubhouse, as well as sanitiser on the tables – please use them.
- We are now required by law to display the NHS track & trace app on posters. This will replace the evePass app that we were using until today. Please use it.
- Anyone entering the Pavilion, whether to buy something or to use the toilets, MUST wear a mask.
- Table service is not possible at Hervey Road so we are operating a takeaway service only. Please queue, socially distanced as per the floor markings and signage, purchase your drink or snack, and take them outside
- As our licence does not permit alcohol to be consumed off the Premises, we will only be selling hot and soft drinks from the Hervey Road pavilion
To get the Track and Trace app, go to the Apple app store, or the Google Play Store, depending on which type of device you use and search for “NHS COVID-19 app”.
The staff on duty at either site have the authority to refuse service to anyone failing to comply with the rules, and to ask them to leave the premises.
We are doing our best in an ever changing environment. Your patience is greatly appreciated.