A statement from the RFU

Blackheath Rugby, it’s members, supporters and staff are deeply saddened by the news of the death of her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II . Our heartfelt condolences to her family.   Statement from the RFU Rugby Union to go ahead this weekend GAME UPDATE: The official guidance we have received from Government is that there can be respectful continuation of sport …

Blackheath Colt , Reigan Johnson Hinds represents Jamaica U19’s !

Club Colt, Reigan Johnson Hinds represented the Jamaica U19 Men’s in the Rugby Americas North (RAN) annual competition which took place at the University of West Indies in Kingston between 15th July and 18th July 2022. With national participation from USA South, Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago, Bermuda and the Cayman Islands, the sides were split into two groups and then …

Match Sponsorship

Match Sponsorship The Premiership Final marked the end of the 2021-22 season but at Blackheath we have been planning for next season for several weeks. We have assembled a new squad that will shortly start pre-season training in readiness for the start of the new league season in early September. Last week the fixtures for next season were announced by …

We are recruiting! Play for us, work with us, volunteer with us.

Play for Club Blackheath Rugby are seeking quality players for the upcoming 22/23 season. We are looking for experienced players in all key positions but all will be considered. We offer competitive packages and assistance with further education and future career development. Ideally players will live in and around London and the South East but those further afield will also …

A letter of thanks from Gary Head. Founder of Single-Step CIC.

I would like to offer my thanks and huge gratitude to Blackheath RFC for the equipment you have donated to help my Community Interest Company, Single-Step. If you don’t mind, I would like to provide a bit of background around how Blackheath RFC came to help me with my dream of bringing rugby to young people who, on the whole, …

Club Colts Representing London and South East Division

Many congratulations to two of our Colts, James Hamilton and Isaiah Akpovwa, who represented London and the South East Division U18’s against South West, winning 43-14. A fantastic achievement and Club and your coaches are very proud of you both.

News from the girls section.

Girls I am very happy to report that our U13s took part in the section’s first ever festival on Sunday. Teaming up with our friends Old Colfieans and Dartford Valley to make up a squad, coach Martin Smith headed down to Beckenham with our girls for the Kent development festival. Three wins, a draw and a loss seemed a pretty …

BLACKHEATH RUGBY CHARITABLE TRUST – NEW COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROJECT

The Executive Committee are delighted to announce that a community programme of Rugby coaching is to be offered to school children in the South-East London area under the name of Blackheath Rugby. The programme will be led by Habib Annous, stalwart and former First Team player and long-standing member of the Club. Habib will be supported by a team of …